Saturday, July 16, 2016

What If I'm Not Really Interested?

I have run into this a couple of times, so first off I want to tell you you're not alone in this. Some women are just not really interested in childbirth, even when they have kids.

Here is my encouragement to you. You don't have to love it! God makes us all differently and our interests vary. I would suggest that if you are having a baby or have had a baby and you fall into this category that you pray that God would give you a heart to want to learn and share. Again, you don't have to love it, but it is part of how God made us as women and being educated as well as sharing is important. This will look different for different people, so I encourage you to find out what this looks like for you. Maybe it's just learning the basics of childbirth at a class. Maybe it's talking to friends. However it fits with you, educate yourself.

If you are expecting a baby, especially your first, I highly encourage you to investigate and learn what you can. Even if you know what you want, still educate yourself. Again it is important. Again, you don't have to love it, but think of it as doing what is best for your baby and you. Ultimately, it is in God's hands, but still have an idea of what is going on so that you can make the best decisions for your baby and you.

How do you handle not being interested? How would you encourage others?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!