Saturday, July 23, 2016

Mama's Day Out 2016

I've shared before about having a Mama's Day Out to prepare for having a baby. Yesterday I was able to have mine for this year. It was such a blessing! In fact, I almost had the problem of too much time, but God always uses the time we take to help us and grow us.

I started the morning at home, then left a little after 11 to spend the afternoon out. I went to Starbucks for coffee and a sandwich and settled into a nice bench with a small table. I started out reading some of the Psalms I like reflecting on to remind me of God's plan in family and His working. I wrote in my journal and prayed. Such a wonderful time to connect with God, share my heart and let Him speak to it.

Then I read the first chapter in The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson. How my heart needed this right now! Life has been a bit stressful this week and it's hard being pregnant when everyone is going crazy because they know life is about to change. This was a great reminder of what God has called me to as I wait for our 7th blessing! It also included one of the Psalms I continually read while preparing. How God uses the little things.

When I finished I still had time. God gave me opportunity to think through posts and ideas to help make this blog more of a ministry. I welcome any other ideas as well! There is so much out there to discuss in childbirth. By God's grace it will grow.

After my lengthy time at Starbucks, I was able to get a prenatal massage. This was such a gift and a wonderful time of relaxation. I am so thankful for these times to sit and reflect, pray and relax. God is so gracious to His people. He gives us what we need when we need it.

How does God help you prepare for labor? What would you do on your Mama's Day Out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!