Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What Does Labor Feel Like?

This question came up during our last childbirth conversation and it's a really good one. With this question people answered from their experience, but no one could really answer the question.

Why?

Because, there are as many answers as there are women who have had babies. Labor is unique to each woman and in many ways unique to each birth. One of my friends when she found out about the first Childbirth Conversation I had she told me to tell the women there that it was the worst pain of your life. I obliged to share her experience, but that is not the case for everyone. For me it was like having a period that got intense toward the end, but not the worse pain I have ever had in my life.

Some women have dull aches in the front of their abdomen. Other women have sharp pains throughout their abdomen, perineum and back. Still other women have intense back pain. And every woman feels it differently. Therefore, unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly what labor feels like. I can only tell you what it feels like for me.

How about you? Share what labor feels like to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!