Thursday, April 17, 2014

Labor Playlist

For many people, music can help us to relax and focus. Obviously everyone is different, but there is something about music that speaks to the heart. I talked about memorizing a hymn to help you focus in labor, and today I want to talk about music to listen to. We all have different tastes, so your final selection is up to you, but I would encourage you to have many songs that call you to worship. Why? Because birth is an experience of worship. Without God birth would not be possible. No matter what kind of birth you plan or hope to have, you should be focused on and worshiping the giver of all life.

When reading Redeeming Childbirth by Angie Tolpin, she talked about the Ultra-Sound of worship that is a play list of worship songs to help you focus on God during your labor. For her list you can find it here. I do not have a play list typed out as I have only prepared one this time by going through the music we had and making a list. In fact I have only had music at one of my births and we played a Pandora station of classical music, so I'm looking forward to actively worshiping through song as I labor and deliver this time.

What would you have on your labor playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!