Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mama's Day Out 2015

Yesterday I had my Mama's preparation day for our 6th baby. I was really blessed this year as a couple months ago I won a massage, manicure and pedicure from Tranquility spa at a homeschool mom's retreat I attended. I was able to use it for my Mama's day to get a prenatal massage and have my hair and nails done. This was such a treat, especially the massage. I love them, but cannot afford the expense. Dawn was my massage therapist and she was wonderful! I highly recommend her. I spent almost 3 hours there relaxing, which was much needed during a stressful season. After my spa time I went to get a free frap from Starbucks and went to Panera for lunch. I'm so thankful the Panera near our house has small 2 seater booths that are out of the way to help concentrate. I ate a delicious Italian sandwich as I read and prayed. I reviewed Scriptural Encouragement from this post at Passionate Homemaking that has helped me so much with reviewing God's truth the past few pregnancies. This year Isaiah 26:3 stuck out to me. It says:

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

How I needed that reminder yesterday and everyday. I love my God, but in challenging seasons it can be difficult to really trust Him. I prayed for complete Trust in God during this time. I prayed that His peace would rule my heart, that my mind would be stayed on Him and not my circumstances. I asked for fear to be removed. I prayed for stress  to be relieved and high emotions to disappear, for Him to take them and let me be at peace. God reminded me of His presence with me. He has never left me, nor forsaken me. He is my God. He is my strength. I know that no matter what happens with this birth, God will be right beside me holding my hand, guiding me, strengthening me, teaching me His ways. He is what I need for this birth. Everything else is a blessing. 

I also was reminded how much I need His word in my heart and mind. I prayed for His word to penetrate my being so that I would focus on Him. I have 6 weeks or less until this baby arrives, but I want to memorize and write down as much of His Word as I can so that it is with me at all times. 

My day ended short as I began to not feel well. I went home and took a nap. I was able to end the day sharing some of what I had reflected on and my feelings with Jim. This was helpful as he learns how to care for me in this delivery. I pray that God will give me the time I need to rest and pray over the days to come so that I will be as prepared as I can be to welcome this new life.

Share your Mama's day experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!