Thursday, July 2, 2015

Vitamin B6 and Unisom

Morning sickness is a common problem among most women in early pregnancy and everyone wants to know what to do to help. There are many things to try from ginger to Phenergan. In my last pregnancy the combination of vitamin B6 and Unisom was suggested to me if I did not want to take stronger medicines. I had been told B6 could help with nausea during my 3rd trimester with my 5th pregnancy but it did not seem to help and I was not told about Unisom. I was a little skeptical about it, but decided to give it a try. I was shocked that it worked!

Here is what you do. Take a tablet of B6 three times a day with meals and take the Unisom right before bed.

I do not think anyone really knows why it works, but it helped me so much this time. My guess is that it helps you get really deep sleep. I still had to eat first thing in the morning, but it helped me to actually be hungry so I could eat. Make sure you eat something high protein with a good carb to help keep the nausea away the rest of the day. This helps in keeping other medications from being needed if you are wanting to avoid them.

Have you tried this combination for nausea? Did it work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!