Monday, May 12, 2014

Sacred Suffering

" We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.
Romans 5:3-5

It's nice to be writing on here again. I took longer of a hiatus than I intended, but God has really been working on me since the birth and I needed the break. Over the weekend I decided to read through some of Romans and came across these verses that I know, but had forgotten. 

No matter how good or easy your pregnancy and childbirth are there is some amount of suffering involved. There is discomfort and pain that comes and goes. These verses in Romans reminded me that all suffering is sacred if we allow it to grow us in our relationship with God. These verses tell us that suffering produces endurance, Christ like character and reminds us of the hope we have in Christ alone. Pregnancy and childbirth will do this for you if you allow the Holy Spirit to work in you and mold you. 

As I have been reflecting recently about the difficulties I had with this last pregnancy and birth, I realized this is what God has been doing in me. I still have a lot to learn, but I have grown a lot. Most of all I have grown in my knowledge of God and the hope that Christ alone gives me, just as these verses promise He will do. God's word does not return void. 

So I encourage you, in the midst of the difficulties of pregnancy and childbirth to cling to God and His promises. The joy at the end is worth it. 

How has God met you in the challenges of your pregnancy and/or childbirth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!