Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Heartburn

So who out there struggles with heartburn? I know I do. That has been the one thing that is consistent with all of my pregnancies. Heartburn occurs when you have an excess amount of acid in your stomach and it leaps up into your esophagus. It burns!

Because I've been through this a few times, I usually have Zantac or off brand equivalent available in the house and take it once a day. If it's a really bad day I will take it twice. You can take 75 mg or 150 mg. I always start with the lower dose if I have it, because you can always take more but cannot take it back once ingested.

I also have Tums or off brand equivalent handy for those moments I need something now!

Other things that can help are milk, ice chips, eating something bland such as crackers, bananas or toast. I'm sure there are also natural remedies that I'm currently not familiar with, but will add to this as I learn more about them. This is my current experience.

What do you do to help with your heartburn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!