Monday, June 27, 2016

Childbirth Conversation Recap

This Childbirth Conversation was such a blessing! We had a small group, but it was a wonderful time of dialogue and reflecting on the goodness of our God who is the giver of all life. We read Scripture, talked about fears, shared stories and how we have made the decisions we have made. It was such a blessing to hear diversity in birth. We also had the blessing of a Sister from Cameroon to hear differences in how things happen in other countries. I am so thankful for a time of encouragement and refreshment as I prepare for birth and I hope it was a good time for others.

From our conversation there are two things I'd like input on.

1. There was discussion on husbands not being well prepared for birth or knowing their role in birth. I have also had some men ask if they could come to know what their wives are asking when describing this time.
Would you be willing to have Childbirth Conversations with husbands present either part or all of the time?

2. I wish someone would have told me _____ about pregnancy/birth/afterbirth.
How would you fill in this blank?

I'm really wanting this blog to be a place that is helpful and practical and want to know what would help you!

Thank you for being part of the conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please know I delete comments at my own discretion that deter from the topic of this blog or are not creating a positive environment for conversations.
I also request that you not post anonymously to aid in community conversation. Thank you!